What’s coming up?
- Friday, May 3rd – Bike Safety Skills Rodeo – Grades 3, 4 and 5 students – Volunteers needed. Email email@example.com
- Friday, May 3rd – Pizza Lunch
- Thursday May 9th- STEM Fair
- Friday May 24- Gledhill Spirit Day – wear your Gledhill spirit wear or Gledhill colours
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Tomorrow is the Bike Rodeo for Grades 3, 4, and 5. Please remember to bring your bike and helmet tomorrow. You will go to class for attendance after you drop your bike off in the morning at the back of the school near the gym doors. Dress for the weather!
- Eco-Club will meet today.
- Boys and Girls grade 4 and 5 Slo-Pitch tomorrow morning at 7:45am. Meet in front of the gym. Mrs Pace and Mr Webb.
- Track and field meeting 11:45am in the gym. Mr Webb
- Yom HaShoah*(Judaism). Yom Hazikaron laShoah ve-laG’vurah “Holocaust and Heroism Remembrance Day”, known colloquially in Israel and abroad as Yom HaShoah and in English as Holocaust Remembrance Day, or Holocaust Day, is observed as Israel’s day of commemoration for the approximately six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust as a result of the actions carried out by Nazi Germany and its accessories, and for the Jewish resistance in that period. In Israel, it is a national memorial day. It was inaugurated in 1953, anchored by a law signed by the Prime Minister of Israel David Ben-Gurion and the President of Israel Yitzhak Ben-Zvi.
- Please remember to be honest! Have a thrilling Thursday!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.