- School Council Meeting January 17, 2019
- 3rd Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) February 1, 2019
- School Council Meeting February 19, 2019
- Movie Night February 22, 2019
- School Council Meeting March 21, 2019
- 4th Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) March 29, 2019
- Gledhill Goes to the Marlies March 30, 2019 at 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Students will have the opportunity to skate before the 4pm game. Details to be announced closer to the date.
- School Council Meeting April 16, 2019
- Movie Night April 26, 2019
- 5th Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) May 3, 2019
Oliver’s Labels Fundraiser
Posts Month by Month
Category Archives: UncategorizedImage
Note to parents: Don’t forget to check out the lost and found in the school basement before the holidays. It is out on display and contains A LOT of lost clothing, footwear, water bottles and lunch gear, All items left behind will be donated to charity over the holidays.
What’s coming up?
- Friday, December 14th – Family Movie Night -“Arthur Christmas”
- Friday, December 21st – Spirit Day – PJ Day and last day before the holidays
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Hi Gledhill, Eco Club is accepting ideas for “How to green your holidays!” Drop off your ideas to the shiny green and blue suggestion box in the office. If your idea is read over the announcements, you will receive a nice cup of hot chocolate in your classroom. Drop off your idea soon and make sure to add your name and room number. Thanks!
- Thank you Gledhill! The toys and mittens in the front hall look great! Please keep the toys and mittens coming until December 19th. Many thanks from Centre 55.
- This year we have decided to collect gently used sports equipment that can be put to use by someone else. Balls, gloves, skates etc that are still in good condition or that you maybe have never used and are around your house can be brought in and placed in the bin outside the gym office. The GAC (Gledhill Athletics Club) are deciding how best to use the items. Thank you. – Mr Webb
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.
Both Winter Concerts are taking place next Wednesday, December 5th:
- JK/SK Concert is at 2 pm – The Kindie classes will be performing a Musical “The Very, Very Gingerbread Men” and the Kindie Ukulele Kids will also be performing.
The school council will be providing complementary coffee and tea at the Kindie concert.
- Grades 1-5 Concert is at 6:30pm – Rms 6, 8, 9, 14, 20, 21, 22, 26 and 28, Primary Choir and USchool Ukulele will all perform.
Beginning at 5:30, the school council will be selling pizza and other sweet and savoury goodies to keep tummies full during the concert. Donations for our goodies table are needed. Please email email@example.com if you can donate.
Just a friendly reminder that the next pizza lunch is coming up on Friday November 30th. If you have not previously placed an order you can do so online up until this Sunday, November 25th at:
Or by picking up a paper form in the office.
If you have any questions feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL Parents and Guardians are welcome to attend all or part of the meeting and all are considered voting members of the Council!
Date: November 22, 2018
Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Location: Gledhill School Library, 2nd Floor
Pizza will be served. Childcare will be provided. If your children are attending, please stay to help clean up the space that they are in when the meeting is over.
Note if the door is locked – please ring the bell and the caretaker will let you in.
6:00pm to 6:15pm – Welcome and introductions
6:15pm to 7:30pm (main agenda items)
- Student Nutrition Coordinator – Angela Dozzi
- Gledhill Gym Discussion – Mr. Webb
- Council alignment with Gledhill and TDSB foci
- Items requiring a vote
- To provide McCordick with our annual $1,000 gift
- Teacher “allowance”
- Grants Committee
- Winter Concert Pizza and Snack Sale
- Hot Lunch Program Update
- Principal’s Update
- Committee Updates
- Other Business – Open floor
- Friday, November 23rd – Gledhill’s Silent Auction and 90s Night Dance
- Friday, December 14, 2018 – Movie Night
- Friday, February 22, 2019 – Movie Night
- Friday, June 14th, 2019 – Family Fest
Upcoming Council Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, December 11
- Thursday, January 17
- Tuesday, February 19
- Thursday, March 21
- Tuesday, April 16
- Thursday, May 16
- Tuesday, June 18
Gledhill’s 90s Dance and Silent Auction is only 11 days away (is your babysitter booked?) and the fundraising crew has been hard at work planning an evening of FUN!
Help is needed with a few key things on the night of – setting up auction items, selling tickets at the door, 50/50 draw and clean up at the end of the night. Shifts are an hour only so you can still help out and have the rest of the evening to PARTY!
Check out where help is needed HERE
Ms Kopka, our amazing librarian, is holding her annual Scholastic Book Fair in the library Nov 14 through Nov 21. Proceeds help her buy new books and resources for the library. Parents are needed in short shifts to staff the check out table and help kids with their purchases. 2-3 parents per shift helps things run smoothly.
Check out the dates and times and add your name for shifts HERE