What’s on this week?
- Ball Hockey tournament at Gledhill
- Junior Makerspace (Grades 4, 5 and 6) at lunch
- Eco Club meeting at lunch
- Chess at lunch (Primaries Group 2)
- Forest of Reading at lunch
- Movie Night! – The movie is “Sing” Doors open at 6:00, show starts at 6:30. There will also be a bake sale outside the movie night doors with all proceeds from the goodies sold going to Gledhill Student Hailey and her family.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Count down to Korea! Gledhill School, we are having our very own Winter Olympics on Monday, February 5. Remember to wear red and white to school! (Mrs. Pace)
- Boys basketball team – please remember to look at next week’s practice schedule. (Mrs. Pace)
- Girls volleyball, please check the practice schedule outside of Rm 20. Also, remember to take your copy of the tournament info (Mlle. McPherson)
- Gym 1 and 2 are in the basement due to the ball hockey tournament.
- Two Helping Hailey fundraisers start next week!:
- You can buy RED hearts to send to your friends Monday, Wednesday and Friday at morning recess. They are $0.50 each or 3 for $1. Buy them, take them home and decorate them and return them to the mailbox outside the office! They will be delivered on Valentine’s Day! Pink valentines will also be available for free to decorate and send home to Hailey to let her know we are thinking of her.
- And, on interview night, Thursday, Feb 15th, Gledhill will light up the night and do a walk in support of our school mate Hailey. Buy a glow stick on February 12th, 13th, or 14th at 3:30 outside the main office. on interview night, buy them in the gym at 6pm. $2 per necklace or 3 for $5.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- The weather and wearing your outdoor gear
- Welcome to our visiting schools and good luck to our floor hockey team!
Please remember to consider multiple perspectives.
Have a TERRIFIC Thursday!