Children going to Gledhill Goes to the Argos this Saturday have been given a super cool opportunity to be on the field with the Argos during the national anthem!!!
IMPORTANT: Detailed arrival instrucions are in the poster below and A WAIVER must be printed, completed and brought with you.
Don’t forget to pick up your tickets from the school office BEFORE Friday at 3:30pm
Thank you to everyone who was able to attend last night’s final council meeting of this school year. We were pleased to welcome many families of students who will be starting at Gledhill in September!
Two teachers were present to answer Kindergarten questions and Mr Budgell, our VP, and members of the School Engagement Committee took them on a brief tour of the school.
Full minutes can be found HERE
Mark your calendars! The first council meeting of the next school year will be Thursday, Sept 19th, 2019
Last Friday we had amazing weather and a fantastic turnout to Gledhill’s Annual Family Fest. Each year the event raises valuable funds for the school council supported programs and initiatives including Drama with Jeff, Scientists in School and Skate Day.
We’d like to say a few important thank yous:
THANK YOU to all the local businesses who contributed to the day including Davidson’s valu-mart who donated all the food for the BBQ, Kevin Smith for donating the loot bag contents, the Fire Station on Woodbine for visiting with their truck and Toronto Water for sending the water truck.
THANK YOU to all the familes who attended the event and supported this important fundraiser.
THANK YOU to Andrea A and her team of parent volunteers who helped set up, man the stations and clean up afterwards.
THANK YOU to everyone who baked and cooked for the food tables.
And finally, a HUGE THANK YOU to Chantal, Marni, Scarlett and Melissa who have worked so hard to organize and run many of our fundraisers over the last few years!
What’s coming up?
- Tonight- Parent Council Mtg in the library at 6pm. Pizza and childcare provided. The beginning of the mtg will have a special “Welcome to Gledhill” portion followed by agenda items.
- Friday June 21- Spirit Day- “Tacky Tourist Beach Day”
- Saturday, June 22 – Gledhill goes to the Argos
- Monday, June 24th – Grade 5 Graduation Ceremony – 10 AM
- Thursday June 27th- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Friday June 28th- PA DAY
- Tuesday Sept 3rd- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Reminder that there is a bin in the office for donations of supplies to “Gledhill Gives Back”. Donations(school supplies and non perishable food) are being accepted until the last day of school!!!
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A message for Eco-Club Tigers. If you have not already done so, please make sure to hand in your permission form for our walking excursion on Thursday at lunchtime. Please drop off to Mme Leclerc as soon as possible. Thanks! See you Thursday at Room6.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.
ALL Parents and Guardians are welcome to attend all or part of the meeting and all are considered members of the Council!
Location: Gledhill School Library, 2nd Floor
Pizza will be served. Child care will be provided.
Note if the door is locked – please ring the bell and the caretaker will let you in.
5:50 p.m. – Council members will meet new parents just inside the main Gledhill doors.
6:00pm to 6:05pm – Welcome and introductions
6:05 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Kindergarten Welcome Portion
- Q&A with Mrs. D’Souza, Teacher (10 minutes)
- Q&A with Parents on Council – The Inside Scoop – What time do I drop my child off? Where do I drop my child off? When is lunch time? Is my child going to be okay?
- School tour will follow remainder of meeting.
6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Family Fest Update
- Council Positions 2019-2020
- Pizza Lunch Update
- Vice-Principal Update
- Committee Updates
- Other Business – Open floor
- School Tour, Mr. Craig Budgell, VP, Gledhill Avenue Public School
- Thursday, June 27, 2019 – Last Day of School for 2018/2019
- Tuesday, September 3, 2019 – First Day of School for 2019/2020
The Grade 5 Graduation ceremony is next Monday, June 24 at 10 am at the school.
The parents of the Grade 5 class have also planned a Graduation Dance after school that day at Stan Wadlow Clubhouse!
Did you buy tickets to this Saturday’s “Gledhill Goes to the Argos”?
The tickets will be ready to be picked up in the office tomorrow morning at 10am.
Tickets MUST be picked up by 3:30 Friday afternoon. No tickets will be distributed at the game.
If you aren’t able to visit the office during school hours and wish your child to collect the tickets, please send them with a note.