Hello Gledhill families!
We wanted to send a note out to our school families to say that we hope you are all doing well and staying healthy!
We received some information from Ms. McAlesse and Ms. Bambrick today regarding information and resources for this school disruption due to the COVID crisis. Please see the following link to TDSB Resources for Learning at home and a letter from the Gledhill administration. https://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/gledhill/COVID-19-News
At the bottom of the webpage there is a “Ward 16 Google Drive Folder” from our Trustee Michelle Aarts. It has a ton of websites including:
- Education Resources, podcasts and apps
- French Immersion Resources
- Arts and Culture
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Parks and Attractions
- Crafts and Activities
- Outdoor and Physical Activities
- Well being Resources
- Ministry of Education
- Public Health Updates
- Information on Social Distancing
- TDSB Information
Stay well Gledhill!
Hello Gledhill families…
We hope all of our families and school community stay healthy over the break.
This evening the TDSB sent out the following message:
Good Evening Parents/Guardians,
As you may be aware, the Ontario Government announced today that all Ontario schools (including those at the TDSB) have been ordered to close from March 14 to April 5 amid ongoing concerns about Coronavirus. We know that parents/guardians have a number of questions. We are working to confirm additional details now and will provide an update as soon as possible.
Hello Gledhill families!
Latest Update From the TDSB website: Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) Update: March 9, 2020
The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) announced today that its members will resume rotating strike action (full withdrawal of services) on March 23 if an agreement is not reached. Negotiations between ETFO, the Ontario government, and the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association (OPSBA) are set to resume on Wednesday March 11. Additional information, including any potential strike dates impacting the TDSB, will be communicated to parents/guardians as soon as they become available.
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The character trait for March is “Honesty and Truth”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to Honesty and Truth with the morning announcements.
March is Greek Heritage month within the TDSB. On the announcements, famous quotes from legendary Greek philosophers will be shared with the students.
What’s coming up?
- Monday March 9th – Thursday March 12th: X-Dance is at Gledhill!!!
- Friday March 13th: SPIRIT DAY- “March Madness”- Wear your favourite basketball or team jersey/team colours.
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week! Classes resume Monday March 23rd.
- Thursday March 26th: Parent Council meeting 6-730pm in the school library. All are welcome!!! Pizza and childcare provided
- Friday March 27th: Pizza lunch for students in Grades 1-5 who have signed up
- Friday March 27th: TDSB Earth Hour
- Wednesday April 8th: Wear Pink to Stand up to Bullying!!- Wear pink clothing or accessories and raise awareness about bullying!
- Friday April 10th: Good Friday- school closed, no classes
- Monday April 13th: Easter Monday- school closed, no classes. Classes resume Tuesday April 14th
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.
A big thank you to all family and friends of Gledhill who were able to make it out and/or support the Gledhill “Leap Year Party” on Saturday February 29th!
We were able to raise over $5,450 to support parent council funded programs for the school! There were 84 tickets sold and it was great to see some new faces out that night! We have a wonderful school community and it was evident that night!
Thanks to Lindsay Tarvit for organizing and executing a successful night and to all of the volunteers who came early, helped out during or stayed late. Thank you to DJ Rhino(one of our Gledhill parents) for getting people on the dance floor with your great music! Also thank you to the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 22 for their help with our night!
We want to acknowledge and say a huge THANK YOU to all of our sponsors for the evening- we had many items donated for our successful auction! Thank you to:
- Annick Press
- August Kinn
- Aviator Danforth
- Balance Women’s Fitness Studio
- Beaches Reading Clinic
- Bomb Fitness
- Claire Tansey
- Clean Cuts
- Common Threads
- Create Art Studio
- Crows Theatre
- Dickies Cooking School
- DKC – Dance Kids Canada
- East End Family Wellness
- East York Wellness
- Elevated Health Associates
- Firkin Pub at Woodbine/Danforth
- Gledhill Parent Council
- Gledhill’s Principal and Vice Principal
- Hand and Stone Massage
- Haute Goat
- Hip Mommies
- Impact Skate Club
- Jack of Sports
- Jump for Joy
- Left Field Brewery
- Leslieville/East York School of Dance
- Lindsay Press- Stella & Dot Independent Stylist
- Mary’s Brigadeiro Chocolates
- Modo Yoga
- Morgan’s on Danforth
- Oak Park Deli
- Origin Wellness
- Pose Hair Design
- Resilience Fitness
- Rithmetic Math Club
- Rock Oasis
- Silly Goose
- Sweetlegs- Robyn Godfrey
- The Lines Family
- The Pink Studio
- The Right Side
- The Teaching Space- Andrea Nichols Egan
- Theatricks Theatre Co 4 Kids
- Toronto Marlies
- Torrent Productions
- The Ellery
- Anonymous donors- thank you for your contributions!
Hello Gledhill families!
We hope to see you at the adults only event tomorrow supporting Gledhill Junior Public School! Tickets are available until 1159pm tonight at https://sagoto.com/gsc/party ! They will also be sold at the door tomorrow night!
We have over 60 items available for you to bid on at our silent auction tomorrow including:
- Gift certificates to many east-end restaurants
- theatre tickets
- fitness opportunities
- kids toys
- a John Tavares jersey
- a suite at a Marlies game
- Cityline tickets
- Kid camp experiences
- and SO MUCH MORE!!!
Do you have an hour this Friday Feb 28th from 1120-1220 to spare?
We are in need of people to help hand out pizza to students who have purchased the pizza lunch.
Please sign up at https://signup.com/go/OjuudoY
We are looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it to the Gledhill Leap Day Party this coming Saturday February 29th. Please remember this is a party for all people aged 19+.
Here are some last minute details to make sure you have the best time possible!!
- The entrance to the event can be made by cash, debit or credit card. Online sales close this Friday February 28th at 11:59 p.m at https://sagoto.com/gsc/party. Tickets at the door on Saturday will be $15.
- The 50/50 draw is CASH only. Tickets will be 1 for $5, 3 for $10.
- Silent Auction items must be paid for that evening by cash, debit or credit card.
- The Bar at the event will be run by the Legion and is CASH only.
- DJ Rhino will be spinning as of 8 p.m, this is when the bar opens as well.
- If you have any questions about the event, please email email@example.com