Hello Gledhill families!
We hope to see you at the adults only event tomorrow supporting Gledhill Junior Public School! Tickets are available until 1159pm tonight at https://sagoto.com/gsc/party ! They will also be sold at the door tomorrow night!
We have over 60 items available for you to bid on at our silent auction tomorrow including:
- Gift certificates to many east-end restaurants
- theatre tickets
- fitness opportunities
- kids toys
- a John Tavares jersey
- a suite at a Marlies game
- Cityline tickets
- Kid camp experiences
- and SO MUCH MORE!!!
Do you have an hour this Friday Feb 28th from 1120-1220 to spare?
We are in need of people to help hand out pizza to students who have purchased the pizza lunch.
Please sign up at https://signup.com/go/OjuudoY
We are looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it to the Gledhill Leap Day Party this coming Saturday February 29th. Please remember this is a party for all people aged 19+.
Here are some last minute details to make sure you have the best time possible!!
- The entrance to the event can be made by cash, debit or credit card. Online sales close this Friday February 28th at 11:59 p.m at https://sagoto.com/gsc/party. Tickets at the door on Saturday will be $15.
- The 50/50 draw is CASH only. Tickets will be 1 for $5, 3 for $10.
- Silent Auction items must be paid for that evening by cash, debit or credit card.
- The Bar at the event will be run by the Legion and is CASH only.
- DJ Rhino will be spinning as of 8 p.m, this is when the bar opens as well.
- If you have any questions about the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Gledhill families!
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The TDSB has advised that afterschool/evening activities such as Movie Nights be cancelled until job action has been resolved. As a result, the Movie Night scheduled for this Friday February 28th will be cancelled.
We have been advised that pizza lunches can still go ahead for now, so our pizza lunch schedule for this Friday February 28th is still on, unless a strike day is scheduled.
We will keep you posted with any other updates that affect school activities as we are made aware of them, as these guidelines may change at any time. Thank you for understanding!
The character trait for February is “Fairness”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to Fairness with the morning announcements.
February is African History month, as well as Chinese Heritage month within the TDSB. Gledhill will be recognizing African History and Chinese Heritage through the daily announcements, as well as activities within the classrooms.
What’s coming up?
- Friday February 28th: Pizza Lunch for Students in Grade 1-5 who have signed up.
- Saturday February 29th: Leap Year Party- social event for parents, guardians and adult friends of Gledhill! See poster below for details. Tickets available at: https://sagoto.com/gsc/party
- Friday March 13th: SPIRIT DAY- “March Madness”- Wear your favourite basketball or team jersey/team colours.
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week!
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.
Hello Gledhill families!
During the month of February, the TDSB celebrates Black History month.
In the front hallway of the school across from Room 3, we have a wonderful exhibit of art that has been loaned to Gledhill for the month by one of our families to celebrate and recognize the work of Black artists. The talented artist, Owen Ralph, is one of our students grandfathers. Please bring your students by to have a look at these wonderful pieces, you won’t be disappointed!
Hello Gledhill families-
This is a reminder that there is no school tomorrow, Friday February 21st, 2020 due to the scheduled strike day. The school will be closed to students and classes resume Monday. For more information please see the TDSB website. https://www.tdsb.on.ca/News/Article-Details/ArtMID/474/ArticleID/1425/Reminder-ETFOOSSTF-Strike-Day
“It’s *almost* Leap Day. Real life is for March.” — 30 Rock
According to our friends from 30 Rock, next Saturday is “Leap Day. Real life is for March.” Join the Gledhill Parent Council for this extra evening that we only get once every four years to continue to build a stronger community for our kids, our teachers and ourselves!
When: Saturday, February 29th, 8:00pm – 1:00am
Auction Time: 8:30pm – 10:00pm. Items include an 18-person suite at a 2020-2021 Toronto Marlies game; gift certificates to many local area restaurants (The Ellery, Aviator, Firkin, Tabule, just to name a few!); weeks at camps such as Jack of Sports, Impact Skateboarding, Common Threads; East York Baseball baseball clinics; several adult fitness opportunities; a youth John Tavares Toronto Maple Leafs jersey; just to name a few!
Where: The Royal Canadian Legion, 1240 Woodbine Ave
Tickets are $10 online or $15 at the door. Event will sell alcohol, must be 19 years or older. 50/50 draw will take place at 11 p.m.
Questions about this event? Please email email@example.com. Tickets available at: https://sagoto.com/gsc/party.