What’s on this week?
Tuesday – School Council Meeting – 6-7:30pm in the library
Friday – Coffee and Conversation 7:45 -9:00am in the schoolyard
Friday – Pizza Lunch
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Primary Choir begins tomorrow. Please give your permission forms to Mrs. Bailey.
- There will be two students going around asking grade 4, 5 and 6 boys if they’d like to sign up for the boys volleyball team.
- The last rugby practice will be tomorrow at lunch. If you are unable to attend, please see Mr. Webb in order to still be considered for the team.
- All Gledhill Athletic Club applications are due today to Mr. Webb. Thank you to all who applied. A decision on interviews and those who made the club will be made today. Listen for the announcements tomorrow and look for posted names.
- A message from Eco-Club: Did you know it is very SCARY for our drinking water and animals when batteries are not recycled properly? Please feel free to bring your DEAD batteries and put them in the coffin near the office.
Mr. Currie talked about:
- The apples are here and in the office!
Have a Magical Monday!