What’s on this week:
Halloween Parade -Students will be parading in the schoolyard at 12:45 (in the hallways in the case of rain) to show off their costumes to the other staff and students. Parents, who are able to, are invited to come and watch.
Last day to bring in canned food for WE SCARE HUNGER Food Drive
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Primary Choir will be cancelled tomorrow due to Halloween.
- Uschool Ukulele today!Gr 4’s will begin in Rm 16, Gr 5’s will go to the music room.
- There is still room in the coffin for more DEAD batteries. We can celebrate the lives of dead batteries by recycling them properly. Thank you.
- WE SCARE HUNGER Food Drive is on all week. Thank you for your donations of canned food. If you have not brought in any yet that’s ok. We will be collecting until Friday, Nov 3rd.
- Thank you for your Halloween Door Decorations. They are SPOOKTACULAR! We can’t wait to see everyone in their costumes tomorrow. Remember to leave your masks, wands and weapons at home.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
Have a Marvelous Monday!