What’s on this month? – Mark your calandars
- Family Potluck and Dance – Thursday, January 18th
- Gledhill School Council Meeting – Tuesday, January 23rd – 6:00 – 7:30pm (This meeting will feature a Kindergarten-focused agenda. We’ll talk in-school activities, after-school events, and how you can get involved!)
Meetings are open to all, and childcare (and pizza!) is provided.
- Pizza Lunch – Friday, January 26th
What’s on this week?
- Session #2 of Primary Makerspace (Grades 2-3) begins
- Session #2 of Junior Makerspace (Grades 4-6) begins
- Eco Club meeting at lunch in Rm 6
- Scientist in the School Rms 1 & 11
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Grade 2 and 3 Makerspace meets today at lunch. Students please eat your lunch in the lunchroom or daycare. A teacher will pick you up at 11:45.
- Boys in grades 5 and 6 interested in the boys basketball team, please come to Gym 1 at afternoon recess with Mrs. Pace.
- Congratulations to K and H in Rm 27 and C in Rm 26 who knew that “Let It Snow” was composed by Jules Styne. Please see Mrs. Bailey for your prize. The new question is now posted in the Music Room and will be up for two weeks.
Mrs. McAleese/Mr. Currie talked about:
- The weather and snow play
Please remember to work.
Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!