What’s on this month? – Mark your calendars
- Family Potluck and Dance – Thursday, January 18th
- PA Day – Friday, January 19th
- Gledhill School Council Meeting – Tuesday, January 23rd – 6:00 – 7:30pm (This meeting will feature a Kindergarten-focused agenda. We’ll talk in-school activities, after-school events, and how you can get involved!)
Meetings are open to all, and childcare (and pizza!) is provided.
- Pizza Lunch – Friday, January 26th
What’s on this week?
- Scientist in the School Rms 19 & 24
- Welcome back Grade 5s!
- Dental Screening begins
- Junior Makerspace (Grades 4, 5 and 6) at lunch
- Eco Club meeting
- Boys Basketball
- Family Potluck Dinner and Dance – School Gym – Doors open at 5:30pm, arrive when you can.
- PA DAY – No School
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A reminder to all grade 4, 5 and 6 students interested in Junior Choir to return their forms to Mrs Bailey today before lunch. If you are interested and you need a form, see Mrs Bailey today!
- A reminder to boys basketball – it’s tomorrow (Thursday) at lunch. Mrs Pace
- Eco Club will meet tomorrow at our usual time and place. See you soon Eco-Tigers. Mme Leclerc and Ms. Roshi.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Wearing your winter gear
- Karate Kids rep in to speak with grade 1-4 students and distribute forms.
Remember to listen to other people’s ideas
Have a WILD WILD WEST Wednesday!