What’s on this week?
- Assembly – Unstoppable Tracy www.unstoppabletracy.com
- Junior Choir at lunch
- Rm 25 at McCordic School
- Ukulele Kids
- Karate Kids at lunch
- DA Morrison Information Night at 6:30pm– for current Gledhill families of Grade 5s and 6s who will be attending DA Morrison in Sept 2018. Taking place at DA Morrison School, it will be a chance for families to have a tour of the school, meet staff members, learn about programs and ask questions.
- Primary Makerspace (Grade 1) at lunch
- Band and Strings
- Forest of Reading at Lunch
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- Young Women on the Move
- Gledhill School Council Meeting – Gledhill School Library. 6 – 7:30pm. Guest speaker Michelle Aarts from PIAC discusses navigating the TDSB. (See more HERE) Pizza and childcare provided.
- Gledhill Track Day – Postponed due to field conditions
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Junior Choir practice today. Wait to be picked up in your lunch room.
- Due to the weather, the April 20th All School Track and Field Day is postponed. New date to follow.
- Spirit Squad meeting at 11:30 for a short meeting.
- A message from the Eco Club – Dear staff, students and parents, there are only 4 more school days to drop off your used batteries which will be recycled properly. This keeps harmful chemicals out of our water and soil. Do your spring cleaning and bring those batteries in soon! Battery collection ends this Friday! Thanks.