What’s on this week?
- Rm 25 at McCordic School
- Ukulele Kids
- Karate Kids at lunch
- DA Morrison Information Night at 6:30pm– for current Gledhill families of Grade 5s and 6s who will be attending DA Morrison in Sept 2018. Taking place at DA Morrison School, it will be a chance for families to have a tour of the school, meet staff members, learn about programs and ask questions.
- Primary Makerspace (Grade 1) at lunch
- Band and Strings
- Forest of Reading at Lunch
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- Young Women on the Move
- Gledhill School Council Meeting – Gledhill School Library. 6 – 7:30pm. Guest speaker Michelle Aarts from PIAC discusses navigating the TDSB. (See more HERE) Pizza and childcare provided.
- Gledhill Track Day – Postponed due to field conditions
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- There will be no Yearbook Committee meeting today. We will meet next Wednesday at lunch.
- Attention Junior Choir members – Our rehearsal that was scheduled for today is now cancelled. We will meet again on Tuesday.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Wearing your outdoor gear
- Karate Kids, please bring your coats and boots with you as you will be dismissed to your lines after your session.
Please remember to dig the well before you are thirsty.