What’s on this week:
- Volunteer Tea: 2-3pm in the school library. All parents who volunteered at Gledhill are invited to attend
- Please bring any clothing donations for the Family Fest Clothing Swap to the office by Thursday
- Family Fest: 3:30-7pm in the schoolyard
- Volunteers are still needed in order for us to be able to run all the fun events planned for the kids. Please check out our Volunteer Sign Up to see where help is still required and what food is still needed. Thank you to those who have already indicated how they can help out.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Yearbook Committee, there will be a special celebration in the library on Thursday. You will be going outside at noon. See you on Thursday!
- As you’ve likely noticed, the footprint garden has mostly been planted. Please stay out of the garden to give it a good chance to grow. Also, we are looking for families to sign up to water the gardens throughout the summer. (Please email email@example.com if you are interested)
- An announcement from the clothing swap organizers: This year, at Family Fest, in the spirit of sharing, kindness, reducing and reusing, Mrs Chitayat’s class is organizing a huge clothing swap! Clothing donations can be dropped off at the main office, up until Thursday, June 21, in clear or blue recycling bags. Then, at Family Fest, all families are invited to take home what their family can use.