What’s on this week:
- Last day to order Gledhill Yearbooks -$25 and a note indicating your child’s name and class room must be brought to the office tomorrow morning before noon.
- Family Fest: 3:30-7pm in the schoolyard. Please check out our Volunteer Sign Up to see where help is still required and what food is still needed. Thank you to those who have already indicated how they can help out.
- Avoid Line Ups! Family Fest wristbands and tickets will be sold in the schoolyard at morning drop off starting at 8:00am. Wristbands are $30 and cover “all you can bounce” in the 6 inflatables and includes skateboarding activities. Alternatively, tickets can be purchased for individual turns on inflatables.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Huge congrats to our Grade 4/5/6 Ultimate Frisbee team. News just came that we have won the spirit award for the South Conference! This is a special honour given to the team that shows the best sportsmanship and fair play. It is given to us by all our opponents. Great job everyone!
- Eco Club will have it’s meeting for this schoolyear today at 11:30am.
- Graduating students: Please send all complete paddles to Rm 30 by lunch today.
- An announcement from the clothing swap organizers: This year, at Family Fest, in the spirit of sharing, kindness, reducing and reusing, Mrs Chitayat’s class is organizing a huge clothing swap! Families are encouraged to bring in gently used clothing. At Family Fest, all families are invited to then take home what their family can use. No money will be exchanged at this event.