Note: As parents were informed by the school via calls and emails, the school was without water for a portion of the day. Follow up communication then informed that the water had been restored and that afternoon classes and Curriculum Night would go on as scheduled.
What’s coming up in September?
- Tonight, September 13th – Curriculum Night
- 5:30pm a demonstration in the school yard by X Movement
- 6-7pm parents and students can visit their classrooms
- 7-7:30pm “Light up the Night” Family Walk in the school yard
- Thursday, September 20th – School Council General Meeting and Election at 6pm
- Friday, September 28th – School wide Terry Fox Run at 10:30am
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Let’s Light Up the Night tonight directly after curriculum night. $2 for glow necklaces, let’s work together to find a cure for cancer.
- All grade 4 and 5 students – please return your all year participation forms and Gledhill Athletic Club forms.
- All grade 4 and 5 boys interested in trying out for the soccer team, the first tryout is 8 am Monday morning.
- All grade 4 and 5 girls interested in trying out for the bordenball team, the first tryout is Monday morning at 8:15am.