What’s coming up?
- Tomorrow – Thursday, September 20th – School Council General Meeting and Election at 6pm. Pizza and childcare will be provided. (See HERE for committees and elected positions)
- Thursday, September 20th –WE Day
- Friday, September 28th – School wide Terry Fox Run at 10:30am
- Friday, September 28th (note date change) – Orange Shirt Day at Gledhill . To learn more, visit: www.orangeshirtday.org/
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Wishing those celebrating Yom Kippur a meaningful fast.
- Boys soccer team has been posted outside the gym office and on Mr. Webb’s website. Please check the list and have cleats and shin guards ready for practice Monday.
- Gledhill Athletics Club will be chosen by Thursday. Interviews begin today.
- Battery Recycling is back at Gledhill! Just look for the white pail near the office. Thanks for recycling your used batteries!
- Terry Fox Pledge forms and money should be brought to the office. Donations for “Mrs. Bailey’s Purple Hair” should be brought to the music room – $65 left to raise!
- As a school we have raised $1500 for the Terry Fox Run. Let’s keep working towards our goal of $5000.
- Those students who signed up for Prefects, please come to the main office at morning recess. (Note to new parents – Prefects are older students who help out with jobs like letting kids into the school through the locked doors at recess and lunch to use the washroom)
- Teachers are reminded to see Ms Kopka in the library if they need to borrow any Orange Shirt Day resources to use in their class.