What’s coming up?
- Friday, November 9th – Remembrance Day Assembly
- November 13 through November 20th – Scholastic Book Fair in the library. Our librarian, Ms Kopka, is looking for volunteers. Check times and sign up HERE
- Friday, November 16th – PA Day and Parent Teacher Interviews
- Thursday, November 22nd – Gledhill School Council Meeting 6pm-7:30pm in the library
- Friday, November 23rd – Silent Auction and 90s Night Dance Party at the Royal Canadian Legion . Tickets can be purchased online at www.sagoto.com/gsc/party
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Please be careful at Exit 2 because there is a large puddle.
- Halloween may be over, but the coffin for the scary, dead batteries will be around for another week. Please bring in your dead batteries soon for proper recycling. Thanks! From the Eco-Team
- Thank you to everyone who contributed to the We Scare Hunger Food Drive. The food has been collected from the classrooms, sorted by students and teachers and will be picked up today by The Daily Bread Food Bank
Look at all the We Scare Hunger Food Contributions!
Don’t forget to bring in your used batteries to be recycled
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.