What’s coming up?
- Friday, November 9th – Remembrance Day Assembly at 10:30am. All are welcome to attend.
- Wednesday, November 14th – Progress Reports go home.
- Thursday, November 15th – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, November 16th – PA Day and Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 14 through November 21th – Scholastic Book Fair in the library. Our librarian, Ms Kopka, is looking for volunteers. Check times and sign up HERE
- Thursday, November 22nd – Gledhill School Council Meeting 6pm-7:30pm in the library
- Friday, November 23rd – Silent Auction and 90s Night Dance Party at the Royal Canadian Legion . Tickets can be purchased online at www.sagoto.com/gsc/party
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Thank you to all girls who tried out for our basketball team. I will post a list of those who made it on my website and outside my office by the end of the day. – Mr Webb (Note: his website mentions that the first team meeting is tomorrow – Friday morning at 8:30am).
- A reminder to Grade 4 and 5 boys interested in volleyball please meet Mrs. Pace at 8:15 tomorrow morning in the gym. Please remember your running shoes.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.