Note to parents: Don’t forget to check out the lost and found in the school basement before the holidays. It is out on display (see photos below) and contains A LOT of lost clothing, footwear, water bottles and lunch gear, All items left behind will be donated to charity over the holidays.
What’s coming up?
- TONIGHT, Tuesday, December 11th – Gledhill Council Meeting – 6-7:30pm in the school library. Will include presentations by 2 potential hot lunch providers. Full agenda HERE. Pizza and child care provided.
- Friday, December 14th – Family Movie Night -“Arthur Christmas”
- Friday, December 21st – Spirit Day – PJ Day and last day before the holidays
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A reminder to all Primary Choir members that choir is now over for 2018. Thank you for your hard work and great performances last week.
- A HUGE congratulations to the boys volleyball team who came points short of their semi-final game. Gledhill is so proud of you! – Mrs Pace
- Hi Gledhill, Eco Club is accepting ideas for “How to green your holidays!” Drop off your ideas to the shiny green and blue suggestion box in the office. If your idea is read over the announcements, you will receive a nice cup of hot chocolate in your classroom. Drop off your idea soon and make sure to add your name and room number. Thanks!
- Thank you Gledhill! The toys and mittens in the front hall look great! Please keep the toys and mittens coming until December 19th. Many thanks from Centre 55.
- This year we have decided to collect gently used sports equipment that can be put to use by someone else. Balls, gloves, skates etc that are still in good condition or that you maybe have never used and are around your house can be brought in and placed in the bin outside the gym office. The GAC (Gledhill Athletics Club) are deciding how best to use the items. Thank you. – Mr Webb
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.