Note to parents: Shane, our parent volunteer, who this year has graciously taken over Movie Night organization, needs our help. He has a small group of parents who help him regularly, but needs to expand this pool a bit. Helpers are needed each movie night to set up chairs and mats (5:30 – 6:00), sell tickets, pizza and popcorn (6:00-7:30ish) and clean up (about 8:30 depending on when the movie ends). Please email Shane via firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help. Upcoming movie nights are tomorrow, Dec 14th, Feb 22nd and April 26th.
What’s coming up?
- Friday, December 14th – Family Movie Night -“Arthur Christmas”
- Friday, December 21st – Spirit Day – PJ Day and last day before the holidays
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Eco Club meets today at 11:30 in Rm 6.
- Hi Gledhill, Eco Club is accepting ideas for “How to green your holidays!” Drop off your ideas to the shiny green and blue suggestion box in the office. If your idea is read over the announcements, you will receive a nice cup of hot chocolate in your classroom. Drop off your idea soon and make sure to add your name and room number. Thanks!
- Thank you Gledhill! The toys and mittens in the front hall look great! Please keep the toys and mittens coming until December 19th. Many thanks from Centre 55.
- This year we have decided to collect gently used sports equipment that can be put to use by someone else. Balls, gloves, skates etc that are still in good condition or that you maybe have never used and are around your house can be brought in and placed in the bin outside the gym office. The GAC (Gledhill Athletics Club) are deciding how best to use the items. Thank you. – Mr Webb
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.