What’s coming up?
- Thursday, Jan 17th – School Council Meeting at 6pm
- Friday, Jan 18th – PA Day
- Friday, Feb 1st – Pizza Lunch
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Students interested in singing the national anthem at the Marlies Game are asked to come to the Music Room Wednesday at afternoon recess.
- Reminder that Primary Choir is now done. No rehearsals today.
- All grade 4 and 5 girls interested in the the girls volleyball team, come to the gym tomorrow at 8am for practice.
- All grade 4 and 5 boys and girls interested in ball hockey, come to the gym 8am Thursday for practice.
- Grade 4 and 5 Boys basketball practices Friday morning at 8am
- (For a complete list of upcoming practices and tryouts, check out Mr Webb’s calendar HERE)
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.