What’s coming up?
- Monday, Jan 28 to Friday, Feb 1st – Gledhill’s Skate (and Helmet) Drive – bins will be located in front of the main and gyms offices. All sizes of children and youth skates and helmets are needed for Gledhill’s Skate Day collection.
- Wednesday, Jan 30th – Character Education Assembly 10:30 am – All Welcome!
- Friday, Feb 1st – Pizza Lunch and Spirit Day “For the love of animals” (Feathers, furs, tails, ears or prints)
- Sunday, Feb 10th – Gledhill Goes to the Marlies – Tickets can be purchased online (order deadline is Feb 1st) at www. sagoto.ca/gsc/marlies
- Thursday, February 14th – Spirit Day – Valentine’s Day – (Wear red, pink or white.)
- February 14th and 15th – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Friday, February 15th – PA Day
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Eco Club has a message: What is plastic made of? Where does it come from? We learned that plastic can either be found in nature or is man made. Man made plastic is called synthetic plastic. Most plastic used today is man made. It’s made out of crude oil which is a complex mixture of 1000s of compounds. Other materials used in the production of plastics are coal, natural gas, salt and even corn oil.
- Next week is Gledhill’s Skate (and Helmet) Drive. Do you have any skates or helmets that your family members have out grown? Bins will be located in front of the main and gyms offices. All sizes of children and youth skates and helmets are needed
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.