What’s coming up?
- This week – Monday, Jan 28 to Friday, Feb 1st – Gledhill’s Skate Drive – bins will be located in front of the main and gym offices. All sizes of children’s and youth skates are needed for Gledhill’s Skate Day collection. NOTE: Unfortunately, we can not accept used helmet donations.
- Friday, Feb 1st – Pizza Lunch and Spirit Day “For the love of animals” (Feathers, furs, tails, ears or prints)
- Sunday, Feb 10th – Gledhill Goes to the Marlies – Tickets can be purchased online (order deadline is Feb 1st) at www. sagoto.ca/gsc/marlies
- Thursday, February 14th – Spirit Day – Valentine’s Day – (Wear red, pink or white.)
- February 14th and 15th – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Friday, February 15th – PA Day
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- 2 Days left to buy Marlies tickets. Deadline is 3:30 pm this Friday. (you can buy them online at www. sagoto.ca/gsc/marlies )
- Read Aloud Club for Grades 1 and 2 starts this Thursday. Bring your permission forms to Ms Kopka
- This week is Gledhill’s Skate Drive. Do you have any skates that your family members have out grown? Bins will be located in front of the main and gyms offices. All sizes of children and youth skates are needed. NOTE: Unfortunately, we can not accept used helmet donations.
- A message from the Eco Club: It’s another cold day outside, but it’s also beautiful! Did you know you will be much warmer if your boots and clothing are nice and dry? At the end of each day, make sure to hang up damp mittens and put your boots where they can dry. Then you’ll be ready for more fun outside the next day!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.