What’s coming up?
- March 19-22 X Movement at Gledhill with “X Fusion”
- Friday, March 29th – Pizza Lunch (Grades 1-5)
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Hi everyone! Did you know that today is World Water Day? Water is essential to every living thing’s ability to survive and be healthy. Many people and animals around the world do not have access to clean, healthy water. Did you also know that the water we have on our planet today is the same water from billions of years ago? We cannot make new water. We can only recycle it. Let’s think about how our actions can protect this super-important resource today.
- Today is a good day for classrooms to send their paper recycling to the bins in the basement.
- If you have been chosen to join the Eco-Club, please take your permission form to Mme. Leclerc or Ms. Roshi. We will meet next Thursday Eco-Tigers.
- This is an announcement for all the Young Women on the Move. Please meet in Room 30 at 1130. Bring your lunch.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.