April’s Character Education Trait is Co-operation
What’s coming up?
- TONIGHT, Tuesday, April 16- Gledhill School Council Meeting at 6pm. All are welcome. Childcare and pizza provided
- Tuesday, April 23- Track and Field Day
- Thursday, April 25- Grade 5 Information night at DA Morrison at 6:30 pm
- Friday, April 26- Dance-A-Thon
- Friday, April 26 – Gledhill Movie Night – Earth Day Edition – Disney’s “Bears”
- Tuesday, April 30- Character Education Assembly at 1030am. All are welcome!
- Tuesday, April 30 – French Book Fair
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Junior Choir is today at 11:45. Please wait to be picked up from where you eat lunch.
- A huge congratulations to the co-ed volleyball team on a fun and successful season! Thank you for your hard work! Mrs. Pace
- Messages from the Eco Club:
(Yesterday’s message) Each day, many students eat their snacks in the school yard during RECESS. However, sometimes students leave reusable containers on the playground when recess is over. Please make sure to stop and check if you have everything before you come back inside at the end of recess. And, if you find a lost container, treat it with respect so that it can be returned to the owner.
(Today’s message) Students, do you use the green bins in the lunchrooms? Please make sure that only the uneaten food from your lunch (like apple cores and orange peels) go in these bins. Please help make sure that no pastic or metal wrappers go in the GREEN BINS. Thank you for your help!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.