April’s Character Education Trait is Co-operation
What’s coming up?
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, April 30 – French Book Fair – 8:30am -5:50pm in the library – hosted by Children’s French Book Corner. Students can visit and purchase books with their class or with parents before or after school.
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, April 30- Character Education Assembly at 1030am. All are welcome!
- Friday, May 3rd – Bike Safety Skills Rodeo – Grades 3, 4 and 5 students – Volunteers needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, May 3rd – Pizza Lunch
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Good Morning! This is a reminder of our French Language Book Fair. It’s tomorrow in the library from 8:30-5:30. The book fair will be closed to students at recess. See you at the book fair. Happy reading everyone!
- Any grade 4 or 5 students who are interested in any track events see Mr Webb at morning recess today by the near baseball diamond. This is your last call as the team is being finalized today. All sprinters interested in relay MUST attend.
- A message for grades 3, 4 and 5 students. If you are participating in the Bike Rodeo this coming Friday make sure to hand in your forms today or tomorrow.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.