What’s coming up?
- Tomorrow, Thursday May 9th- STEM Fair (see details on poster below)
- Thursday, May 16th – Gledhill School Council Meeting 6-7:30pm
- Friday May 24- Gledhill Spirit Day – wear your Gledhill spirit wear or Gledhill colours
- Friday, May 31 – Deadline for ordering Argos tickets
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- All those who signed up for DISNEY SPRING CONCERT decoration committee are invited to come today with their lunch and start making decorations!
- Eco-Club message – This Saturday is World Bird Migration Day! Have you seen birds coming back from their winter feeding grounds? You might see a Northern Waterthrush or a Yellow-Rumped Warbler. Keep a look out, it’s that time of year when you might see a bird you’ve never seen before.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.