What’s coming up?
- Friday May 24- Gledhill Spirit Day – wear your Gledhill spirit wear or Gledhill colours (Gold and Black)
- Wednesday May 29- Character Ed Assembly
- Friday, May 31 – Deadline for ordering Argos tickets
- Thursday, June 13th- Spring Concert 6:30pm (Note new date)
- Friday June 14th- Gledhill Family Fest
- Monday, June 24th – Grade 5 Graduation Ceremony – 10 AM
Reminder that there is a bin in the office for donations of supplies to “Gledhill Gives Back”
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Reminder of our Slo-Pitch tournament here all day today.
- Spring Concert Decoration Committee meets today in the music room at lunch to prep for our Spring Concert.
- Primary classes go directly to the gym following morning announcements for our Prologue Performance.
- Message from the Eco Club: Have you noticed some piles of mulch near the big trees in the school yard? Mulch is very important for our trees. It’s used around the trees to retain the moisture, regulate soil temperature and to stop weeds from growing. Eco-Club will use it for our trees. Please do not play with it and don’t spread it around. Thank you!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.