What’s coming up?
- Wednesday May 29- Character Ed Assembly
- Friday, May 31 – Deadline for ordering Argos tickets
- Tuesday, June 4 – Family Fest Wristband Pre-Sale – Before school 8:15 -8:45 am and after school 3:00-3:45pm and 4:30-5:45pm in the schoolyard
- Thursday, June 13th- Spring Concert 6:30pm (Note new date)
- Friday June 14th- Gledhill Family Fest
- Saturday, June 22 – Gledhill goes to the Argos
- Monday, June 24th – Grade 5 Graduation Ceremony – 10 AM
Reminder that there is a bin in the office for donations of supplies to “Gledhill Gives Back”
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Eco Club: Today we would like to talk to you about the effects of plastic pollution on Earth. As you may know, plastic is very useful and can be found everywhere. Unfortunately, it’s effects last very long. Plastic has many toxic chemical that can be harmful to fish, plants and other animals. What do you do to help the Earth? Do something DRASTIC cut PLASTIC!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.