What’s coming up?
- TOMORROW- Wednesday Sept 25th- SPIRIT DAY– Odd Sock Day. Please wear 2 different socks
- TOMORROW_ Wednesday Sept 25th- Character Education Assembly (Respect)
- Friday Sept 27th– School Terry Fox Walk at 10:30am
- Monday Sept 30th– Orange Shirt Day
- Tuesday October 8th- Picture Day
Highlights from this today’s announcements:
- Good morning! Please stand for the Land Acknowledgement and our National Anthem.
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated. Make sure you are listening to anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Tuesday Sept 24 and it is Day 1 in our schedule. Our character theme for September is Respect and here is something to think about. “I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity.” – Julius Erving
- A message from the Eco-Team: the battery recycle barrel has arrived. Please feel free to drop off small used batteries when they lose they charge, anytime.
- could the girls soccer team please meet Ms. Pace at morning recess in the gym. Please expect to go out side after. Thank you!
- Terry Fox Trivia- Day 2- Did you know that Terry’s diet consisted of very large meals throughout each day, as he burned so many calories from his daily run of 42 kms.
- don’t forget to wear your Terry Fox shirt or Gledhill Spirit wear this Friday for our school walk!
- Pledge forms can be put in the FOX BOX anytime this week. The more money, the more challenges your teachers will participate in!
- Don’t forget to have your pledges in by this Friday, the day of our school walk. Please return money and forms to the FOX BOX in the office. Thank you!
- Have a terrific Tuesday!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.
You must be logged in to post a comment.