What’s coming up?
- TOMORROW – Friday October 25th @ 9am – Character Education Assembly “Responsibility” in the school gym. Everyone is welcome!
- TOMORROW – Friday October 25th- Movie night at Gledhill in the gym. Doors open at 6pm, movie starts at 630pm. Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED- PLEASE SIGN UP AT https://signup.com/go/RGzhQUX
- Friday October 25th – Friday November 1st– “Scare away hunger food drive”– more info to follow
- Thursday October 31st @ 1215pm- Parent Council Halloween Parade Coffee Social in the Kindie Triangle! Bring your own reusable mug!
- Thursday October 31st @ 1245pm – Hallowe’en Parade
- Friday November 15th – Last day to buy Marlies tickets
- Saturday November 30th @ 130pm – Marlies Game at Scotiabank arena.
- Good morning! Please stand for the Land Acknowledgement and our National Anthem.
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated. Make sure you are listening to anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Thursday October 24th and it is Day 1 in our schedule. Our character theme for October is Responsibility and here is something to think about. “Until the great mass of people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for each other’s welfare, social justice can never be attained.” – Helen Keller
- A message from Eco-Club: Did your mom or dad change the batteries in the smoke detectors at your house? This time of year is a good time to do this. Then, you can drop off the dead batteries to the coffin near the main doors. The batteries will be recycled properly. Thanks for keeping scary chemicals out of our water and soil!
- Uschool Ukulele today at lunch
- Spirit Squad meet at room 24 at morning recess!
- Today, October 24th, the Toronto District School Board celebrates the commitment, hard work and professionalism of Early Childhood Educators and Child Care Workers who work with young children, and their families within our school communities. This day recognizes the valuable contributions of Early Childhood Educators and the important role they play in strengthening early education and care. Child Care Worker and Early Childhood Educator Appreciation Day is celebrated annually in October, and is proclaimed by school boards and municipalities, as well as the College of Early Childhood Educators, the professional body that governs Early Childhood Educators in Ontario. The Toronto District School Board is the largest employer of Early Childhood Educators in Ontario, with over 1400 Early Childhood Educators supporting quality early years experiences and student success in our Full-day Kindergarten classrooms, EarlyON Child and Family Centres, Extended Day Programs and community led school-based Child Care programs. On behalf of the Toronto District School Board, please join us in expressing our sincere gratitude for the dedication, skills and commitment of our Early Childhood Educators and Child Care partners, in particular, our amazing ECEs here at Gledhill.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English