What’s coming up?
- November 2019 – Indigenous Education Month at the TDSB
- Monday November 4 – Friday November 8th – Treaties Recognition Week
- Monday November 11th – 1020am- Remembrance Day Assembly in the gymnasium- All are welcome to attend
- Thursday November 14th from 330-6pm- Special Family Event- Scholastic Book Fair. Volunteers needed from 330-6pm http://bit.ly/scholastic18
- Thursday November 14th – Thursday Nov 21st – Scholastic Book Fair in the school library. Volunteers needed from 830-1140am http://bit.ly/scholastic18
- Thursday November 14th- Progress Report Cards go home
- Friday November 15th – Last day to buy Marlies tickets
- Friday November 15th – PA DAY
- Thursday November 21st 6-730pm- Parent Council Mtg in school library. All are welcome. Child care and pizza will be provided
- Friday November 22nd – Movie Night at Gledhill in the gym- “Rise of the Guardians”. Doors open at 6pm and movie starts at 630pm. If you are interested in volunteering to make this might a success, please sign up at https://signup.com/go/RGzhQUX
- Saturday November 30th @ 130pm – Marlies Game at Scotiabank arena.
Highlights from today’s announcements:
- Good morning! Please stand for the Land Acknowledgement and our National Anthem.
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated. Make sure you are listening to anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Friday November 8th and it is Day 2 in our schedule. Our character theme for November is Empathy and here is something to think about. “Too often we underestimate the power of touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
- Students helping with the Remembrance Day Assembly please meet at room 30 at lunch. Thank you!
- Reminder to the band students that band is at 930am
- Scholastic Book Fair is coming to Gledhill and there is SNOW much to read! A blizzard of books is arriving on November 14th and everyone is invited, Bundle up for an Arctic Adventure. There will be books, games, activities, and a Family Event as big as an iceberg! PLUS if you buy a book on Thursday, Monday or Tuesday, you’ll have the chance to win FREE BOOKS! It’s the coolest place to be! The lucky winner will be announced on Wednesday November 20th in the morning.
- The book fair starts on Thursday November 14th, THAT’S NEXT WEEK and runs until Thursday November 21st. It is open from 830-1130am. The book fair will be closed at recess.
- The special family event will take place on Thursday November 14th from 330 until 545pm.
- Teachers, please sign up for classroom visits online.
- See you at the book fair, where there is SNOW much to read!
- November 8th is Indigenous Veterans Day, a day specifically dedicated to remembering Indigenous Veterans’ contributions to war efforts on behalf of Canada, as well as in recognition of the oppression faced at home. On November 11th, we honour Indigenous Veterans as part of the Remembrance Day ceremonies.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.
You must be logged in to post a comment.