Hello Gledhill families!
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The character trait for January is “Teamwork”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to teamwork with the morning announcements. January is also Tamil Heritage month in the TDSB and the students have been hearing facts during morning announcements about this rich and ancient culture.
This past Thursday, the TDSB released the following statement regarding the upcoming job action by ETFO. We will try and keep families as updated as we can as the TDSB releases future information.
What’s coming up?
- Friday January 17th: PA Day **No school today!!**
- Thursday January 23rd from 6-730pm: Parent/Family Council Meeting in the school library. All are welcome. Pizza and childcare will be provided.
- Friday January 24th: Pizza Lunch for students in Grades 1-5 who have pre-registered. Can you volunteer to help at this event? Sign up to help at https://signup.com/go/OjuudoY
- Monday January 6th – Friday January 31st: Applications for Junior Extended French which begins in Grade 4 must be completed online within this time frame. Offers of placement within your chosen program will be made to all on-time applicants in the weeks following close of application window. Click this link for more information: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/Elementary-School/School-Choices/French-Programs
- Monday February 3rd: Junior Kindergarten registration available for the 2020-2021 school year in person at the school or online at www.tdsb.on.ca/kindergarten
- Friday February 14th: PA Day **No school today!!**
- Monday February 17th: Family Day **No school today!!**
- Friday February 28th: Movie Night at Gledhill- details to follow. Sign up to volunteer at https://signup.com/go/RGzhQUX
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week!
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.