Hello Gledhill families!
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The character trait for February is “Fairness”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to Fairness with the morning announcements.
February is African History month, as well as Chinese Heritage month within the TDSB. Gledhill will be recognizing African History and Chinese Heritage through the daily announcements, as well as activities within the classrooms.
This is the latest update from the TDSB regarding job action/potential strike days next week on Thursday February 6th and Friday February 7th. https://www.tdsb.on.ca/News/Article-Details/ArtMID/474/ArticleID/1412/Labour-Update-ETFO-Strike-Action-on-Feb-6–7
What’s coming up?
- Monday February 3rd: Junior Kindergarten registration available for the 2020-2021 school year in person at the school or online at www.tdsb.on.ca/kindergarten
- Thursday February 13th: SPIRIT DAY- “Share the Love”. Wear your favourite red/pink/white heart or love inspired message.
- Friday February 14th: PA Day **No school today!!**
- Monday February 17th: Family Day **No school today!!**
- Tuesday February 18th: Parent Council meeting from 6-730pm in the school library. Pizza and childcare will be provided. All are welcome come!
- Wednesday February 19th: “I Read Canadian Day”. Celebrating the rich and divers work of Canadian authors and illustrators.
- Friday February 28th: Pizza Lunch for Students in Grade 1-5 who have signed up.
- Friday February 28th: Movie Night at Gledhill- details to follow. Sign up to volunteer at https://signup.com/go/RGzhQUX
- Saturday February 29th: Leap Year Party- social event for parents, guardians and adult friends of Gledhill! See poster below for details. Tickets available at: https://sagoto.com/gsc/party
- Friday March 13th: SPIRIT DAY- “March Madness”- Wear your favourite basketball or team jersey/team colours.
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week!
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.
You must be logged in to post a comment.