A big thank you to all family and friends of Gledhill who were able to make it out and/or support the Gledhill “Leap Year Party” on Saturday February 29th!
We were able to raise over $5,450 to support parent council funded programs for the school! There were 84 tickets sold and it was great to see some new faces out that night! We have a wonderful school community and it was evident that night!
Thanks to Lindsay Tarvit for organizing and executing a successful night and to all of the volunteers who came early, helped out during or stayed late. Thank you to DJ Rhino(one of our Gledhill parents) for getting people on the dance floor with your great music! Also thank you to the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 22 for their help with our night!
We want to acknowledge and say a huge THANK YOU to all of our sponsors for the evening- we had many items donated for our successful auction! Thank you to:
- Annick Press
- August Kinn
- Aviator Danforth
- Balance Women’s Fitness Studio
- Beaches Reading Clinic
- Bomb Fitness
- Claire Tansey
- Clean Cuts
- Common Threads
- Create Art Studio
- Crows Theatre
- Dickies Cooking School
- DKC – Dance Kids Canada
- East End Family Wellness
- East York Wellness
- Elevated Health Associates
- Firkin Pub at Woodbine/Danforth
- Gledhill Parent Council
- Gledhill’s Principal and Vice Principal
- Hand and Stone Massage
- Haute Goat
- Hip Mommies
- Impact Skate Club
- Jack of Sports
- Jump for Joy
- Left Field Brewery
- Leslieville/East York School of Dance
- Lindsay Press- Stella & Dot Independent Stylist
- Mary’s Brigadeiro Chocolates
- Modo Yoga
- Morgan’s on Danforth
- Oak Park Deli
- Origin Wellness
- Pose Hair Design
- Resilience Fitness
- Rithmetic Math Club
- Rock Oasis
- Silly Goose
- Sweetlegs- Robyn Godfrey
- The Lines Family
- The Pink Studio
- The Right Side
- The Teaching Space- Andrea Nichols Egan
- Theatricks Theatre Co 4 Kids
- Toronto Marlies
- Torrent Productions
- The Ellery
- Anonymous donors- thank you for your contributions!
Hello Gledhill families!
We hope to see you at the adults only event tomorrow supporting Gledhill Junior Public School! Tickets are available until 1159pm tonight at https://sagoto.com/gsc/party ! They will also be sold at the door tomorrow night!
We have over 60 items available for you to bid on at our silent auction tomorrow including:
- Gift certificates to many east-end restaurants
- theatre tickets
- fitness opportunities
- kids toys
- a John Tavares jersey
- a suite at a Marlies game
- Cityline tickets
- Kid camp experiences
- and SO MUCH MORE!!!
Do you have an hour this Friday Feb 28th from 1120-1220 to spare?
We are in need of people to help hand out pizza to students who have purchased the pizza lunch.
Please sign up at https://signup.com/go/OjuudoY
We are looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it to the Gledhill Leap Day Party this coming Saturday February 29th. Please remember this is a party for all people aged 19+.
Here are some last minute details to make sure you have the best time possible!!
- The entrance to the event can be made by cash, debit or credit card. Online sales close this Friday February 28th at 11:59 p.m at https://sagoto.com/gsc/party. Tickets at the door on Saturday will be $15.
- The 50/50 draw is CASH only. Tickets will be 1 for $5, 3 for $10.
- Silent Auction items must be paid for that evening by cash, debit or credit card.
- The Bar at the event will be run by the Legion and is CASH only.
- DJ Rhino will be spinning as of 8 p.m, this is when the bar opens as well.
- If you have any questions about the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Gledhill families!
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The TDSB has advised that afterschool/evening activities such as Movie Nights be cancelled until job action has been resolved. As a result, the Movie Night scheduled for this Friday February 28th will be cancelled.
We have been advised that pizza lunches can still go ahead for now, so our pizza lunch schedule for this Friday February 28th is still on, unless a strike day is scheduled.
We will keep you posted with any other updates that affect school activities as we are made aware of them, as these guidelines may change at any time. Thank you for understanding!
The character trait for February is “Fairness”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to Fairness with the morning announcements.
February is African History month, as well as Chinese Heritage month within the TDSB. Gledhill will be recognizing African History and Chinese Heritage through the daily announcements, as well as activities within the classrooms.
What’s coming up?
- Friday February 28th: Pizza Lunch for Students in Grade 1-5 who have signed up.
- Saturday February 29th: Leap Year Party- social event for parents, guardians and adult friends of Gledhill! See poster below for details. Tickets available at: https://sagoto.com/gsc/party
- Friday March 13th: SPIRIT DAY- “March Madness”- Wear your favourite basketball or team jersey/team colours.
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week!
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.
Hello Gledhill families!
During the month of February, the TDSB celebrates Black History month.
In the front hallway of the school across from Room 3, we have a wonderful exhibit of art that has been loaned to Gledhill for the month by one of our families to celebrate and recognize the work of Black artists. The talented artist, Owen Ralph, is one of our students grandfathers. Please bring your students by to have a look at these wonderful pieces, you won’t be disappointed!
Hello Gledhill families-
This is a reminder that there is no school tomorrow, Friday February 21st, 2020 due to the scheduled strike day. The school will be closed to students and classes resume Monday. For more information please see the TDSB website. https://www.tdsb.on.ca/News/Article-Details/ArtMID/474/ArticleID/1425/Reminder-ETFOOSSTF-Strike-Day