The next Gledhill School Council meeting will be held TOMORROW (Thursday April 28, 2016) at 6:00-7:30pm in the School Library (2nd floor).
Note that pizza and babysitting services will be provided.
All parents and guardians are welcome to attend all or part of the meeting.
6:00pm to 6:30pm (housekeeping items)
- Approval of previous meeting minutes (5 minutes) (minutes available here)
- Chair Updates – Parent Engagement, Communications, Fundraising, Grants, Healthy Kids, Volunteer, Parent Class Representatives, Ward and School Advocacy, Eco, Governance
- Status of popcorn machine and projector purchases
- Status of grant (or other option) for Lego robotics purchase
- New lead required for Coffee and Conversation events
- Bike rally update
- Family fest update
6:30pm to 7:30pm (main agenda items)
- Welcome and introductions (5 minutes)
- Special Guest: Mary Margaret McMahon (15 minutes)
- Proposal for volunteer award
- Principal’s update (15 minutes)
- Request for Governance Co-Chair position (role description below) – FOR DECISION (10 minutes)
- Progress towards Council goals (10 minutes)
- 2016/17 Council supported programs – survey update
- Proposed 2016/17 fundraising and events
- Other Business (5 minutes)
- Tues. May 17 – Bike Rally (Fri. May 20 – Bike Rally rain date)
- Thurs. May 26 – School’s Spring Concert (Council Meeting to be rescheduled)
ROLE OF GOVERNANCE CO-CHAIR – Governance Co-Chair is responsible for planning for and overseeing the Council Elections at the beginning of the school year (usually September) as per the legislative and School Council Bylaw requirements and also overseeing the annual review and updating of the Council bylaws.