Note: Movie Night is this Friday, October 20th and the volunteer parent crew is still looking for 2 people – One to help set up from 5:30 -6:00pm and one to sell popcorn from 5:45 – 6:45pm. Please email email@example.com if you can help out.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Mrs. Pace would like to meet all grade 4, 5 and 6 boys interested in trying out for the volleyball team. Please meet in Gym #1 at morning recess.
- Ukulele practices are today for both groups. Second year group needs to go to the gym today.
- Ms. Smith would like to congratulate Gledhill’s cross country team on a wonderful day at Ashbridges Bay on Friday for the South Conference Finals. Once again, she is very proud of how everyone behaved and the effort you all put forth. In grade 3 Boys, “E.K.” came in 8th place. We also have a number of students who advanced to the City of Toronto Finals on Thursday, October 26th. They are:
Grade 4 Boys – S.D. (4th Place)
Grade 4 Girls – C.O. (11th Place)
Grade 6 Girls Team: Z.S., T.R-E., A.D., and L.B.
Qualifiers please meet for our next practice on Wednesday at 8:00am. Great job everyone!
Mr. Currie talked about:
- Gledhill’s 100th Birthday – Thank you!
- Days of Significance – World Food Day
- Safety while on the play structure at lunch
Have a Magnificent Monday!