Note: Movie Night is this Friday, October 20th and the volunteer parent crew is still looking for 2 people – One to help set up from 5:30 -6:00pm and one to sell popcorn from 5:45 – 6:45pm. Please email email@example.com if you can help out.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- All Grade 4, 5 and 6 students interested in joining the Rugby Team this year please come to the gym at afternoon recess for a short meeting.
- Are you interested in helping out around the school? Do you love being part of a team? Are you really wanting to be a leader at Gledhill and get involved with some of the things going on behind the scenes? Helping with tournaments? Work with Mr. Webb to organize jerseys and equipment and much, much more! Well, you are in luck! The Gledhill Athletic Club is accepting applications at the end of this week. Listen up to tomorrow’s announcements to find out how to apply.
- Any students who borrow a bow from the Music Room on Saturday, please return it by end of day tomorrow. We are still missing a few.
- Spirit Squad meets tomorrow.
- Ukulele Kids begins at lunch today.
- Primary Makerspace starts tomorrow at lunch.
- Chess starts tomorrow at lunch.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Spirit gear deadline is October 24th
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!