What’s on this week:
- Photo Retake Day – in the afternoon
- Running Club at 7:45 am
- Primary Choir (Grades 1-3)
- Junior Makerspace (Grades 4-6)
- Ukulele Kids
- Running Club at 7:45am
- Primary Makerspace (Grades 2-3)
- Chess @ Lunch in Rm 25
- Enhancing Equity Task Force – Parent Survey Input Meeting – 6:30pm in the School Library – Child care provided
- Remembrance Day Assembly – approx start time 10:30am
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Primary Choir meets at 11:45 today. Mrs Bailey will pick you up from daycare and the lunchrooms.
- Spirit Squad – there will be a meeting on Thursday at 11:30 in Rm 24. Bring your lunch and coat.
- We Scare Hunger Announcement – Classes, please note that the boxes will be picked up in 3rd period. (see photo below!)
- Apples have arrived in the office!
- Any grade 5 or 6 girls interested in trying out for the basketball team please see Mr Webb outside the gym office at afternoon recess.
- Library helpers please meet in the library this morning at recess. See you then!
Mr Currie talked about:
- Pylons remind you that the play structure can be used only after 12:20pm.
- Students, be sure to wear and come back to class with all the outdoor gear that you are sent to school with.
“Please remember to make people feel good”
Have a TREMENDOUS Tuesday!