What’s on this week:
- Ukulele Kids
- Running Club at 7:45am
- Primary Makerspace (Grades 2-3)
- Chess @ Lunch in Rm 25
- Enhancing Equity Task Force – Parent Survey Input Meeting – 6:30pm in the School Library – Child care provided
- Remembrance Day Assembly – approx start time 10:30am
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- There will be a Spirit Squad meeting this Thursday at 11:30 in Rm 24. Bring your lunch and coat.
- A reminder to teachers to check AW for messages regarding Remembrance Day poster contest, wreaths and assembly.
- Library Helpers – please come to the library at last recess. We will be preparing for the Book Fair.
“Please remember to be more kind than necessary”
Have a WARM Wednesday!