Over the last few years, our librarian, Ms Kopka, has been holding a couple of Scholastic book fairs each year. This past week, as the fall book fair was wrapping up, she showed us some of the exciting new additions she was able to purchase with the proceeds of previous book fairs. After each book fair, Scholastic allows schools to receive a combination of credits towards Scholastic Books and cash to use elsewhere. Ms Kopka uses the credits to buy library books and classroom resources housed in the library. And, with the cash, she can buy other things like… ROBOTS! Ms Kopka has purchased 5 pairs of “Dot and Dash” Robots for the library. The students control the Robots using apps on the iPads and the software has activities geared to kids K-6. Ms Kopka has started to use them with her library classes and Maker Space Club to teach kids things like letter recognition, graphing coordinates and coding. A big THANK YOU to all students and parents who purchased books at this year’s fair and also to the parents who were able to do a shift at the cash out table. The fair would not happen without you!
- School Council Meeting February 19, 2019
- Movie Night February 22, 2019
- Skate Day March 7, 2019 Ted Reeve Community Arena, 175 Main St Grades 1-5 walk with their class to Ted Reeve Arena for either a morning or afternoon of skating. Loaner skates and helmets are available for kids who don't own their own.
- School Council Meeting March 21, 2019
- 4th Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) March 29, 2019
- School Council Meeting April 16, 2019
- Movie Night April 26, 2019
- 5th Pizza Lunch (Gr 1 - Gr 5) May 3, 2019
- School Council Meeting May 16, 2019
- Family Fest June 14, 2019 at 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Oliver’s Labels Fundraiser
Posts Month by Month