What’s on this week:
- U-School Ukulele
- Chess @ lunch in Rm 30
- Fire Safety Presentations begin
- Primary Choir at Lunch (Grades 1-3)
- POSTPONED until Dec 12 – Junior Makerspace at lunch (Gr 4-6)
- Raptors 905
- Ukulele Kids
- Winter Concert Dress Rehearsal
- Primary Makerspace (Grades 2-3)
- Chess @ Lunch in Rm 25
- Winter Concerts: Kindie Concert at 2pm, Gr 1-6 Concert at 6:45pm
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Grade 5 Uschool Ukulele Kids are asked to please bring their music and ukuleles to the Music Room at morning recess. We will also have a practice at lunch. Grade 4s in Rm 16 and Gr 5s in Rm 18
- Calling all nature loving kids! Eco-Club is looking for students who would like to be involved in helping to take care of our environment. Teachers, please draw the names of two kids who can participate in Eco-Club each Thursday at lunch. Eco-Club is for students in Grades 2 and up. Thanks!
- A huge congratulations to the grade 4, 5 and 6 boys volleyball teams. They had a terrific day at last week’s tournament and showed teamwork, athleticism and had fun! Gledhill is very proud of you!
Mr Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Apples are in the office!