What’s on this week:
- Ukulele Kids
- Winter Concert Dress Rehearsal at 9:00 am
- Primary Makerspace (Grades 2-3)
- Chess @ Lunch in Rm 25
- Winter Concerts: Kindie Concert at 2pm, Gr 1-6 Concert at 6:45pm
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- The Eco-Club will begin tomorrow, Thursday, Dec 7th at lunch.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Wearing your winter gear
- Caution with icy pavement in the school yard
- Still some apples available in the office
- All unclaimed Lost and Found Items will be going to charity on Monday so they will be on display during the concerts for people look through and find their lost items.
- The School will be accepting non-perishable food donations at the Winter Concerts. Food will be donated to Community Centre 55