What’s on this week:
- Primary Makerspace (Grades 2-3)
- Chess @ Lunch in Rm 25
- Winter Concerts: Kindie Concert at 2pm, Gr 1-6 Concert at 6:45pm. No time for dinner? The council will be selling pizza before the evening concert!
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Please visit the Lost and Found (in the basement hallway) before Monday as we are doing our mid-year clean up and any items not retrieved will be donated at the end of day Monday.
- A message for students who have joined the Eco-Club. Please meet Mme Leclerc with your lunch and outdoor clothing at the beginning of lunch in Rm 6. We will have a short meeting to introduce ourselves. See you soon. Mme Leclerc and Ms. Roshi.
- Dead batteries will continue to be collected throughout the year. Please place them in the white bucket on top of the large metal barrel near the school entrance.
- Mrs. Pace’s gym classes will be in the basement today.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Wearing your winter gear
Please remember to say please and thank you.
Have a THINKING Thursday!