What’s on this week:
- Ukulele Kids – Final Day
- Fire Safety in Rm 22
- Chess @ Lunch in Rm 25
- Eco-Club at lunch
- Pizza Lunch!
- SPIRIT Day – “Favourite Character Day” The Kindergarteners will participate by BRINGING their favourite book to school for the day. Everyone else in grades 1-6 has the option to dress up as their favourite book/movie character.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A message from Eco Club was read about how to make your holidays GREEN!
- Makerspace forms for the January session can be picked up from the library this week. All forms are due back next Wednesday. If you have already had a turn and want to join again, come to the library this week and put your name on a waiting list.
- Calling all readers! Forest of Reading will be starting after the holidays. If you are interested in joining, please come to a brief meeting in the library this morning at recess. Bring all your outdoor gear with you. You will be going outside.
- Eco Club will meet tomorrow, Thursday, December 14th at the beginning of lunch outside Rm 6. See you then!
Mr. Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Weather – we will monitor temp and wind chill – please wear all you winter gear!
Please remember to have fun and bundle up when you are outside!
Have a WEATHERFUL Wednesday!