What’s on this week:
- Character Ed. Assembly
- Junior Makerspace at lunch (Last day) (Gr 4-6)
- Gledhill School Council Meeting – Guest Speaker- Our Trustee, Sheila Cary-Meagher. Pizza and Childcare provided – 6:00pm -7:30pm in the School Library
- Ukulele Kids – Final Day
- Fire Safety in Rm 22
- Chess @ Lunch in Rm 25
- Pizza Lunch!
- SPIRIT Day – “Favourite Character Day” The Kindergarteners will participate by BRINGING their favourite book to school for the day. Everyone else in grades 1-6 has the option to dress up as their favourite book/movie character.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Attention students in grades 2-6: New Makerspace session will be starting on January 9th after the holiday break. Grades 2-3 will meet on Tuesdays and grades 4-6 on Thursdays. There are only 20 spots available for each session. Pick up your permission forms from Ms. Kopka this week. If you have already had a turn to participate you need to put your name on a waiting list.
- Eco-Club – Please hand in permission forms today or tomorrow. We will meet on Thursday.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Today’s Character Assembly
- Days of Significance – Hanukkah
- Wearing your cold weather gear
- Snow stays on the ground