What’s on this month? – Mark your calandars
- Family Potluck and Dance – Thursday, January 18th
- PA Day – Friday, January 19th
- Gledhill School Council Meeting – Tuesday, January 23rd – 6:00 – 7:30pm (This meeting will feature a Kindergarten-focused agenda. We’ll talk in-school activities, after-school events, and how you can get involved!)
Meetings are open to all, and childcare (and pizza!) is provided.
- Pizza Lunch – Friday, January 26th
What’s on this week?
- Off to Island School for Grade 5s!
- Grade 6s swim at D.A.
- Boys grade 4-6 Basketball Tryout/Practice at lunch
- Forest of Reading at lunch
- USchool Ukulele at lunch
- Primary Makerspace (Grades 2 & 3) at lunch
- Scientist in the School Rms 19 & 24
- Welcome back Grade 5s!
- Dental Screening begins
- Junior Makerspace (Grades 4, 5 and 6) at lunch
- Eco Club meeting
- Boys Grades 4- 6 Basketball
- PA DAY – No School
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Forest of Reading club meets today in the library at 11:45. Students please eat your lunch in the lunchroom. You will be picked up at 11:45 sharp