What’s on this week?
- Grade 6s swim at D.A.
- Primary Makerspace (Grades 2 & 3) at lunch
- Karate Kids
- Ukulele Kids
- Primary Chess at lunch
- Character Education Assembly
- Ball Hockey tournament at Gledhill
- Junior Makerspace (Grades 4, 5 and 6) at lunch
- Eco Club meeting at lunch
- Chess at lunch (Primaries Group 2)
- Forest of Reading at lunch
- Movie Night! – The movie is “Sing” Doors open at 6:00, show starts at 6:30. There will also be a bake sale outside the movie night doors with all proceeds from the goodies sold going to Gledhill Student Hailey and her family.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Primary Makerspace (Grades 2-3) meets today at lunch in the library. Students, you will be picked up in the lunch room at 11:45am.
- Boys Basketball at noon today. (Mrs. Pace).
Mr Currie talked about:
- Outdoor work – pylons and tape
- Wearing your winter gear