Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Today is the first day of our fundraiser “Hearts for Hailey”. Please come buy your Valentines outside the music room at morning recess. Teacher volunteers are asked to come as quickly as they can. Thank you for your support!
- Hey everyone! Wednesday is Winter Walk to School Day. If you don’t already walk to school each day, talk to your parents to find out if you can walk to school on Wednesday. Maybe you can arrange to meet some friends along the way and enjoy some fresh air together!
- Today is Olympics Day! Teachers, please refer to the schedule. Have a great afternoon!
- Folkfest is at lunch today. Please bring all of your things to go outside. A teacher will pick you up from the lunchroom or daycare at 12:00.
- Congratulations to D in Rm 25, G in Rm 26, J in Rm 17 and R in Rm 24 who knew that the dynamic term for performing music very quietly is pianissimo. Please see Mrs Bailey for your prize. the new question is now posted in the music room and will be up for two weeks.
Please remember to be fair.
Have a MYSTICAL Monday!