Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A huge thank you and congratulations to all Gledhill staff and students for participating in Gledhill’s very own Winter Olympics on Monday. We are ready to cheer on Canada together! (Mrs. Pace)
- A huge thank you to Mrs. Pace for organizing such a fun afternoon yesterday. Only 2 more days until the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.
- Free Hearts for Hailey and other Valentines will be on sale today at morning recess outside the music room.
- Boys basketball tournament is tomorrow all day at Gledhill.
- Attention Daycare students going to today’s field trip. Please check your backpacks to make sure you have a lunch or pick up a lunch from your daycare lunchroom before the trip.
- Girls Volleyball – Thursday’s practice is CANCELLED. Next practice is Friday morning at 7:45am.
Mrs McAleese/Mr. Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Apples in the office
- Wearing your snow gear
- X-Movement is coming Feb 12-15
- Today’s Field Trip
Please remember to show fairness to everyone.
Have a WINTER WONDERLAND Wednesday!