Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Valentine’s are being sold outside the music room this morning at recess. Monday will be your last chance to buy them!
- Best of luck to our co-ed ball hockey team from Grades 4 & 5. They are off to Chester to play in their tournament today. Go Tigers!
- Staff, this is a reminder of the graduation meeting today at lunch in room 30. See you there!
- Congratulations to the boys basketball team who played their best yesterday. We had a lot of fun and learned together.
- This is a friendly reminder for the Eco Club kids who are invited to our waste audit to remember to meet today at the beginning of lunch in room 6. See you there!
- Mrs. Pace needs to see the grade 6 ball hockey team at morning recess to hand out permission forms for Monday’s game at Cosburn.
- Please come for apples in the office—there is one box left!
- Today is the Opening Ceremony for the 2018 Winter Olympics. Tell Mrs. Pace or Mr. Webb where the Games are taking place.