What’s on this week?
- Karate Kids
- Ukulele Kids
- Swimming at DA Morrison
- Chess at lunch and after school
- Junior Makerspace (Grades 4, 5 and 6) at lunch
- Forest of Reading at Lunch
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- School Council Meeting – 6:00pm – 7:30pm in the school library. Pizza and child care provided.
- Character Ed Assembly will be March 2nd
- The Ward 16 Council meeting scheduled for 7PM on March 1, 2018 at Parkside Elementary School has been CANCELLED. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A huge thank you to everyone who has been a part of or has supported the various fundraisers for our special schoolmate Hailey! The Hearts for Hailey, Light Up The Night for Hailey, staff led baked goods or special artistic contributions from Z and J in Rm 24 raised just over $1000 over the past two weeks. Your generosity is much appreciated!
- Mrs. Pace needs to see any grade 6 boys who are interested in participating in the slow pitch team. Please come to the gym at morning recess UNLESS it’s raining. Thank you!
- Dear Gledhill – A few environmental reminders:
- Used batteries will continue to be collected for recycling through the year in the containers near the office. They can be dropped off anytime!
- Used pens and markers can be dropped off in the box beside the battery bin so they can be recycled!
Thanks for helping to take care of our planet!